Welcome to our cozy corner of the culinary world, where traditional Indian snacks meet the goodness of whole grains. In a quest to make our snack time not only delicious but also nutritious, we've curated a collection of delightful recipes using wholesome ingredients like millets and quinoa. These ancient grains bring a burst of flavor and a boost of nutrition to your favorite snacks, creating a harmonious blend of taste and health.
And as you venture into this journey, we have a valuable companion for you – a Free Diabetic Diet Plan crafted by an award-winning Dietician, Simran Sahni who is also the co-founder of Keeros Superfoods. This plan isn't just a set of guidelines; it's a roadmap to a balanced and nourishing diet that complements your blood sugar management goals. Take charge of your health today.
Click the link to Download your Free Diabetic Diet Plan and embrace a future of wellness- https://wa.aisensy.com/uTYyWC
Benefits of Whole Grain Snacks
Incorporating whole grains like millets and quinoa into your snacks brings a multitude of health benefits. These grains are rich in fiber, promoting digestive health and helping with weight management. They also provide essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that support overall well-being. The complex carbohydrates in whole grains offer a sustained energy release, making these snacks an excellent choice for maintaining energy levels throughout the day. Additionally, they contribute to heart health by lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Savory Millet Cutlets
- 1 cup cooked foxtail millet
- 1/2 cup boiled and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, beans)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Mix all the ingredients and shape them into cutlets.
- Roll the cutlets in bread crumbs and shallow fry until golden brown.
- Serve with mint chutney for a wholesome snack.
Quinoa Dhokla Bites
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds and curry leaves for tempering
- Mix quinoa flour, yogurt, baking soda, and salt to make a batter.
- Steam the batter until it solidifies.
- Temper with mustard seeds and curry leaves for added flavor.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces and enjoy with green chutney.
You cab also enjoy the combination of soft dhokla with the crunchy texture of Keeros Quinoa Grain Snack– a perfect balance of taste and nutrition!
Millet Bhel Puri
- 1 cup cooked barnyard millet
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions and tomatoes
- 1/2 cup puffed rice
- Tamarind chutney and mint chutney to taste
- Roasted peanuts for crunch
- Mix cooked millet, chopped veggies, and puffed rice.
- Add chutneys as per your taste preference.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts for an extra layer of flavor.
For an added nutritional boost and a delightful crunch, you can sprinkle Keeros Quinoa Millets Snacks on top. Feel free to adjust the quantity of Keeros Quinoa Millets Snacks based on your preference for an extra crunchy and wholesome twist to this classic snack!
Quinoa Tikki Chaat
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup boiled and mashed chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- Yogurt and tamarind chutney for topping
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Mix quinoa, mashed chickpeas, and chaat masala to form tikkis.
- Pan-fry until golden brown.
- Top with yogurt, tamarind chutney, and fresh coriander for a delightful chaat experience.
Quinoa and Vegetable Stuffed Paratha
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, bell peppers)
- Whole wheat flour for paratha dough
- Spices: cumin, coriander, and red chili powder
- Ghee for cooking
- Mix cooked quinoa and chopped vegetables, adding spices according to taste.
- Stuff this mixture into whole wheat paratha dough and roll out into parathas.
- Cook on a griddle with a touch of ghee until both sides are golden brown